Aikido is a protocol and set of tools to power the contributor economy. Aikido enables anyone to list work on-chain with attached rewards on the Ethereum blockchain (also, on some EVM compatible chains). We have been inspired by and are building upon the work done by the StandardBounties protocol.
There are many advantages to putting requests for work on-chain:
- Tasks can be listed and completed through different marketplaces and tools
- Rewards can be held in smart contracts that are released as soon as work is completed
- We can build a detailed and immutable record of work on-chain
In addition, on-chain work listings enable new use cases not possible today, like the ability for multiple parties to fund a task work towards a community good.
We believe that in order for work to happen at Internet speed, it needs to be enabled by fluid and instant payments on blockchains.
These docs will cover the following:
- Protocol Overview: How the protocol works, and how to build on it
- Product Guides: User guides for some tools we've built on the protocol